Direct Fired Industrial 4000 Series

The Rapid 4000 Series is a customizable direct-fired heating, cooling and pressurization system. These units can assist in improved indoor air quality, offer superior ventilation at the lowest operating fan cost, are easy to manage and control, and can provide consistent temperatures throughout the space with little to no stratification.

The Four Options

The 4000 Series is available in four different models to ensure you receive the perfect size and functions specific to the needs of your facility.

The Make-Up Air (MUA) unit is the simplest of the options. This unit brings in outside air, heats that air up and delivers it to the condition space. It supplies direct replacement air for building mechanical exhaust and is ideal for commercial kitchens and restaurants. In order to match a varying exhaust load, this style of unit can be equipped with a variable frequency drive to provide for an air volume reduction of up to 50%.


The Air Management (AM) unit uses a variation of air: at least 20% comes from outside only, and the other 80% is a combination of outside and return air. Additionally, AM systems automatically respond to the building's pressure and temperature needs.


The Fixed Recirculation (FR) systems are similar to the AM units but are equipped with a fixed return opening. These machines are ideal for buildings that don't require a lot of outdoor air for ventilation; it always uses 20% outside air and 80% fixed air, outside air, or a combination. This provides efficient, low-cost heating.


Lastly, Variable Air Volume (VAV) units are perfect for buildings that require a varying outdoor air ventilation load with no recirculation of air from within the space. In its simplest terms, a VAV is an air management unit with an additional bottom discharge section that has the ability to bring in as little as 20% of its total capacity without recirculating any of the contaminated space air back through the air handler and reintroducing it out into the space.


Benefits and Features

The 4000 Series units are perfect for industrial usage. They are constructed with an external skin and welded to an internal structural steel framework. This rugged construction provides for machines which give 40 or more years of life. We utilize backward incline fans for highest efficiency and quietest operation. As a bonus, these fans do not collect dirt, buildup or debris, ensuring vibration free operation for the life of the air handler . All our units are designed to provide:

  • Improved air quality
  • Heating flexibility
  • Highest overall purchase value

Additionally, one of the biggest advantages of these air handlers is how customizable they are. Mix and match various combinations of optional sections and choose from a broad range of sizes and options to meet your design requirements. We offer a variety of configurations. Choose from several alternative heat sources, like electric, hot water or steam. Rapid Engineering also offers optional cooling packages to be paired with your air handler. Pick between evaporative cooling or mechanical cooling (reheating after cooling is also available for dehumidification).


Not only are Rapid 4000 Series air handlers extremely efficient, they are also built with intelligent control features. These controls can module can monitor, diagnose, log and report more than 30 functions, including temperature, humidity and building pressure. Experience the Windows™ interface, which simplifies control and setup changes. Hourly collection of data allows trending and in-depth analysis at any time of the day. Units are also completely compatible with modern Internet systems, like Lonworks®, Bacnet®, ModBus® and more.

 

The Rapid Engineering Guarantee

We've been helping customers purchase and design their perfect air handler for over 50 years. With the four different air styles to choose from, along with the availability of evaporative cooling, mechanical cooling, post-cooling reheat and a wide array of accessories, our units are extremely flexible and able to meet a variety of heating and cooling needs.

For more information on our 4000 Series of industrial air handlers or to speak with a Rapid Engineering expert, please contact us at 1 (800) 536-3461.